Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Smart Women know that in a good relationship:
  • Both partners are supportive of each others needs and goals
  • Neither partner tries to change or control the other
  • Both partners are accepting of each other's limitations
  • Neither partners insist upon unconditional love
  • Both partners respect the other's boundaries
  • Neither partner resents the other's individuality
  • Both partners have an equal voice
  • Both partners are genuinely and equally committed
    • Taken from the book What Smart Women Know by Steven Carter and Julia Sokol 
 I have spent the last 4 years chasing the right relationship for me. It seems it takes several months to learn enough about the man I'm attracted to before some of the "deal breakers" start to become apparent. By then, attachments have been made. Then the letting go process takes another couple of months. Seems to me, I spend a lot of time not being a smart woman. This book gave a light brush over of things to watch for and know; what a smart woman should consider in regards to a relationship. If I pursue a relationship in the future, I will be more aware of what a smart woman looks for and hopefully spend much less time pursuing something that isn't good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment